Home » Villány
Hungary’s most famous red wine growing region. In addition to the unique features of the terroir, the soul of the wines and the charm of this wine region is given by centuries-old wine tradition, the famous Villány cooperation, the faith and work of people living here.
• The number of sunshine hours in the country is highest here, in South Baranya.
• Here lies the southernmost mountain of Hungary, which protects the grapes from cool north winds.
• Here can be found Hungary’s purest limestone, forming the basis of the production site.
Villány – in the forefront
• • It is home to most domestic protected plans and animals and the only habitat of Hungarian crocus.
• The first domestic stronghold of wine tourism: the still functioning Villányi Borút (Villány Wine Tour) was the one first brought to life in Hungary.
• Four of the region’s wine producers have received the “Winemaker of the Year” and the “Winery of the Year” award.
• First to introduce an origin protection system for a wine region.
• The largest number of natural and organically cultivated vineyards in the country – hence the “Villány, naturally” motto.